Comic Con badges have or are in the process of being shipped. While attendees anxiously await their badges, those of us who got locked out of open registration AND who live in the Los Angeles area have other reasons to rejoice.
As part of its summer reading program, the Los Angeles Public Library will host a Summer Authors meet and greet scheduled kicking off this month. A mix of children’s, teen’s, and comics creators are been scheduled to appear, including these comic book writers and artists:
• Nilah Magruder (MLK), June 20 at the Vernon branch and July 25 at the Exposition Park branch
• Jose Pimienta (illustrator for Soupy Leaves Home), June 21 at the Felipe de Neve branch, July 10 at the Jefferson branch, and August 2 at the Junipero Serra branch
• Cecil Catellucci (writer of Soupy Leaves Home)’ June 28 at the Atwater Village branch and July 16 at the Memorial branch
• Molly Ostertag (The Witch Boy and Strong Female Protagonist), June 29 at the Baldwin Hills branch
• Tillie Walden (Spinning), July 12 at the North Hollywood branch and July 16 at the Mark Twain branch
These appearances are free and open to the public! So that means no lines, no rent-cop hassles, no Hall H nightmares and certainly no rude fans. And it’s certainly a more intimate experience.
Be sure to check out the library’s website for schedule and times. And don’t forget to sign up for the summer reading program!